Summary: The Commercial Loan Director is responsible for sourcing and maintaining 130+ Commercial Real Estate Loans; sourcing and maintaining new and existing lender relationships; and managing the Loan Portfolio for Sacramento’s fastest growing Commercial Real Estate investment company.
- Manages the Company’s Commercial Real Estate Loan Portfolio.
- Develops and maintains new and existing commercial lender relationships.
- Proven track record of business development securing all types of financing including acquisition new debt and refinancing of existing debt.
- Strong credit training and experience in analyzing borrower Global Cash Flow, Net Operating Income, and Debt-Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR) relative to commercial properties.
- Understanding and knowledge of commercial property appraisal process and methodology for valuations based on Financial Indicators, (current occupancy, stabilized occupancy with credit loss, overall Capitalization rates).
- Understanding and knowledge of real estate reports relative to the properties owned. (Income and Expense Valuation Pro formas, Rent Rolls, P&L’s, Balance Sheets, etc.)
- Communicates on a regular basis with C.E.O., C.F.O., and the Commercial Loan Manager to provide feedback as to loans in process and properties requiring new loans.
- Maintains working knowledge of the banking industry — regulatory requirements, bank policies and procedures, etc.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and impact of economic changes.
- Promotes Company interests and pursues opportunities for borrowing expansion and enhancement by participation in trade shows, bank fairs and other community events.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to build commercial lender relationships.
- Solid understanding of commercial credit and real estate loan transactions.
- Must have knowledge of loan structures, financial statement analysis, loan documentation, and legal issues related to commercial real estate.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multitask while prioritizing responsibilities and tasks.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional analysis.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager Property Management software is a major plus.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related business field
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in commercial lending and related functions.
- Strong working knowledge of bank operations relative to regulatory compliance, accounting/finance and asset/liability management.