Summary: Responsible for supervising all aspects of the field operations of one or more projects. Provides leadership to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and protects the interests of Ethan Conrad Construction, Inc. Exercises sound judgment and communicates with team, co-workers, and management by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the General Superintendent to ensure that there is sufficient manpower available to accomplish tasks to be performed with in-house labor.
- Attends the initial project kick off meeting with the Project Manager and General Superintendent to set goals for schedule, assesses safety risks unique to the project, and discusses the means and methods for constructing the project in an efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that field operations are carried out in accordance with company policy and the approved specific plans and specifications.*
- Maintains company standards for job site cleanliness and general guidelines for field operations.
- Conducts daily job site inspection and documents the observations and notifies subcontractors of any observed unsafe practices or conditions while documenting accordingly.
- Manages subcontractors and in-house tradesmen to ensure production, quality, safety, and the project goals are met.
- Creates and maintains a three week look ahead schedule.
- Conducts a weekly job site meeting with supervisory personnel for all trades to coordinate activities, address potential problems, and identify and address safety risks.
- Prepares written documentation of job meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work is conducted safely in accordance with the company, California Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and all applicable safety standards.
- Documents as-built changes to the approved plans.
- Schedules needed inspections with the Building Department and other agencies.
- Ensures that the job site(s) are in compliance with the state standards for required Department of Industrial Relations notices, Injury and Illness Prevention Plans, and other required documentation.
- Collects and approves weekly timecards to ensure that worker’s time is allocated to correct job and task and that the employee has signed the time card while forwarding time cards to the General Superintendent.
- Prepares the daily reports and forwards them to the General Superintendent at the end of each week.
- Conducts tool box safety meeting with all ECC employees, collects the attendance records, and forwards them to the General Superintendent at the end of each week.
- Enforces company policy regarding tardiness, absenteeism, and sick days with respect to ECC employees and communicates any concerns to the General Superintendent.
- Collaborates with the Project Manager to ensure that the project schedule and goals are being met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two years of technical studies in a related field, or Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S) preferred; and two to five years related experience and/or training in construction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License