Job Title: Labor III
Reports To: Superintendent/Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides the physical labor required to maintain or construct a project in a proper, efficient and safe manner by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies basic rules of carpentry to include replacing wood work, trim and moldings; installing or handling doors, hinges and repairing wood surfaces; repairs and installs cabinets.
- Operates power tools in a safe manner to include various saws, planers, nailers and rental equipment (i.e. boom lift, scissor lift, trencher, hot saw, jack hammer, air compressor etc.)
- Lifts and carries tools to perform repairs.
- Completes requisition forms for materials and supplies, and submits to management for processing.
- Communicates with management to clarify work order information and to relay repair results.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs on call responsibilities in accordance with established schedules.
- Reports any equipment/vehicle problems or concerns to supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Trade Certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in finish, rough commercial carpentry.
- 10+ years of relevant Construction experience.
- Knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or within a team.
- Excellent customer service orientation and with effective oral and written communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Please Return to Human Resources after Printing Name, Signing and Dating.
Employee Name and Signature Date
Manager Name and Signature Date