Who is eligible?
- Promising small businesses in the Sacramento Region
- Targeted Current Annual Revenue of at least $100,000
- Future growth: plans to grow by at least 25% annually for the next 5 years while also creating jobs in the Sacramento area.
What is the judging criteria?
- Quality of Management Team
- Scalability and Sustainability, particularly how well organizations have positioned themselves in their respective marketplaces and created organizational value
- Growth plans, including channel strategy and market validation factors
- Overall financial health of the organization. How is the company funding operations? What kind of liquidity and runway does the company have?
What documents will I need to submit?
- Completed Application
- General Information and Qualitative Analysis Questionnaire
- Year to Date financial statements: Balance Sheet and Income Statement worksheets
- 3 Prior Year Financial Statements Balance Sheet and Income Statement worksheets
What is the selection process?
- Application and pre-screen process based on quantitative information submitted
- Top 5 candidates will attend awards banquet to give final presentations to all judges
- Winners are selected and announced at the awards banquet
What type of business does it have to be?
- Can be any type of business, for-profit or not-for-profit, but they must be from the Sacramento Region and in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- They must create jobs in the Sacramento Region
- Can use any type of ECP commercial property — Retail, Office, and Industrial. Space will be mutually agreed upon by ECP and the winners.
What can I win?
- The prizes will all be in the form of free rent credits for ECP properties.
- There will be no commitment for any lease or rent beyond the free rent period paid for with the prizes.
- Top 5 applicants will receive feedback on their submissions from our judges.
- ECP will provide the following amounts of free rent as prizes:
First Prize: $50,000
Second Prize: $30,000
Third Prize: $20,000
Who are the judges?
- 7 local Entrepreneurs, Educators, and Venture Capitalists:
- Corley Phillips – Retired Venture Capitalist
- Curt Rocca – DCA Partners
- Jim Corbet – Sacramento Entrepreneurship Academy
- Lokesh Sikaria – Managing Partner, Moneta Ventures
- Roger Akers – Akers Capital
- Ken Miller – Ethan Conrad Properties
- Ethan Conrad – Ethan Conrad Properties
Who is Ethan Conrad Properties?
- Fastest Growing Commercial Real Estate Company in the Greater Sacramento Area
- Over 6.1 Million Sq. Ft. – Office/Industrial/Retail
- Over 140 Commercial Properties
- Over 1,100 Tenants
Is there anything else I should know?
- This contest is designed to recognize existing businesses that are beyond the initial start-up phase.
- Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. will be awarding $100,000 in free rent credits applicable to the ECP properties in the Sacramento area. (ECP has over 140 Commercial Properties!) This free rent comes with no obligation beyond the free rent credit period.
- Contestants can submit their contest applications beginning May 22nd. The final deadline is August 30, 2017. Winners will be announced the week of October 2nd, 2017.
- For Existing ECP Tenants, prize credits may not be used to offset an existing lease obligation or extension thereof.