About the Job
The Director of Construction Division is responsible for directing, managing, and coordinating all construction activities for landlord owned existing commercial properties and new acquisitions as they occur. You will coordinate and manage field employees as well as architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors and general contractors. You will ensure that all projects meet quality standards, schedules, and budgets. This position reports to the CEO.
- Participate in the planning and then implement the vision set by the CEO.
- Oversee all business and personnel aspects of the company’s operations
- Plan multiple construction projects — remodeling, new construction, and TI’s
- Efficiently schedule the projects using in-house and outside resources
- Establish systems and processes for efficiently controlling projects and costs
- Establish measurable performance standards for people and projects then measure actual performance against the goals
- Direct responsibility for budgeting, change orders, and achieving budget
- Establish and maintain productive and safe work environments at construction sites
- Serve as the Responsible Managing Officer for the B-1 contractor’s license
Work Experience/Personal Competencies
- 10 years plus of Construction management experience and excellent people skills
- High level of organizational and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of building practices and commercial construction
- Extensive knowledge in business systems related to general contracting – implementing and maintaining
- Strong background in safety programs and compliance.
- Experience with small to large scale commercial renovations, TI’s, and new construction
- Maintain positive relations with all municipalities, vendors and sub-contractors
- Create cohesive project schedules and require all involved to adhere to timelines established
- Demonstrate strong leadership and motivational skills
- Strong analytical skills