Accounts Payable Specialist – Commercial Real Estate Development/ Construction
Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. – Sacramento, CA
Accounts Payable Specialist
Responsible for providing account payable support to the Accounts Payable Supervisor and Property Management in a busy Accounting Department by participating in all activities related to full cycle accounts payable processing, assisting with other accounting duties/projects as needed and performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process large volumes of check writing.
- Assisting with company bookkeeping and other miscellaneous financial tasks.
- Property management accounting in Yardi, for managed properties and entities.
- Customer and tenant invoicing.
- Keep all assigned general ledger accounts current and in balance.
- Year-end accounting and 1099 reporting.
- Troubleshoot and resolve accounting issues.
- Communicate with customer/vendor accounting departments.
- Perform Ad hoc reporting when requested.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Reconciles processed/paid transactions by verifying and comparing payable amounts to bank register detail.
- Performs manual entry of vendor invoices while monitoring for discount opportunities, discrepancies, difference in contract pricing etc.
- Insures federal id numbers, insurance and workers comp are up to date.
- Prepares checks for final review.
- Insures correct coding and approval of all payables and check requests.
- Resolves online payment discrepancies, misapplied payments, past due amounts.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting online transactions into the system.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Maintains accurate data in the spreadsheets for utility companies (IE. Meter #s, Account #s, coding).
- Distinguish the difference between CAM and NON-CAM expenses.
- Assists in various tasks as needed by the Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA/AS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and/or 3+ years of experience in high volume Accounts Payable or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) desired.
- 2+ years of experience in Real Estate and/or Construction organization desired.
- Mathematical and analytical acumen, understanding accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Strong organization and attention to detail to maintain complex financial records and prepare financial reports accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to think critically, innovatively and analyze data.
- Time management and deadline oriented with ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously working independently or within a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external) and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to maintain large volume of emails and respond in a concise and timely matter.
- Proficient at 10-key and Data entry.
- Moderate Level MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel, Word & Access, using typical spreadsheet, file folder/database management and report writer tools.
- Prior experience with Yardi, QuickBooks, Crystal Reports or similar software programs preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid California driver’s license.
Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, pregnancy, ethnicity, or any other legally protected status in accordance with the requirement of federal, state, and local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested Candidates email resume to email@example.com with Job Title in the subject line.