Responsible for providing accounting support to the Assistant Corporate Controller by participating in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, assisting with the accounting and finance operations at Ethan Conrad Properties, Inc. and performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for management discussion; including Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements for the management Corporation and a 135+ commercial property portfolio, with expected accelerated growth.
- Expertly process and accurately post high volume remittances using Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) technology to tenant ledgers.
- Maintain and manage payments through third party service—PayLease
- Trustworthy substitute Cash Management specialist with access to 30+ accounts.
- Generate Daily Cash Management report
- Initiating outgoing wires and transferring funds between accounts as necessary
- Confidently handles a diverse workload while working on both sides of the general ledger.
- Full Charge bookkeeping duties for Pete’s Restaurant & Brewhouse.
- Prepare financial statements and liaison with external tax preparer
- Analyze options and information by verifying information and developing spreadsheet reports.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Protect organization’s integrity by keeping firm and client information confidential
- Update job knowledge; maintain personal networks; participate in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or Certificate in Accounting plus 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance desired.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or finance required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in Real Estate and/or Construction organization desired.
- Mathematical and analytical acumen, understanding accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Strong organization and attention to detail to maintain complex financial records and prepare financial reports accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to think critically, innovatively and analyze data.
- Time management and deadline oriented with ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously working independently or within a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external) and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient at 10-key and Data entry.
- Strong execution in MS Office, especially Outlook, Excel, Word & Access, using typical spreadsheet, file folder/database management and report writer tools.
- Prior experience with Yardi, QuickBooks, Crystal Reports or similar software programs preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid California driver’s license and a clean Department of Motor Vehicle record.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested Candidates email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title in the subject line.