To assist the Chief Financial Officer with the financial reporting, budgeting, tax compliance (financial and property tax), and construction cost accounting for Ethan Conrad Properties by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements for management discussion; including Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statements for the management Corporation and a 135+ commercial property portfolio, with expected accelerated growth.
- Collects and analyzes corporate financial data to provide management and lenders with internally prepared reports.
- Prepares and distributes quarterly financial packages to lenders.
- Provides for an annual budgeting and planning process to insure long term financial and business strategy.
- Supports all levels of the corporation in budget preparation through training and by providing relevant information when appropriate.
- Provides special reporting and analysis of financial information to management.
- Responsible for the reporting and update process for all property taxes; including all reporting to the various County Assessor’s Office, schedule preparation for review and payment, negotiating appropriate fair market value assessment at purchase, Schedule 8 value negotiation, and all formal appeals.
- Review and general ledger coding for construction invoices. Knowledge of construction capitalization rules is essential.
- Assist with the annual review of the property tax packages distributed to CPA offices for income tax return preparation.
- Monthly revenue reporting and recording of lease commissions and management fees.
- Instrumental in creating corporate income strategy and implementation of said strategy to maintain current tax position.
- Maintain and improve existing database information for brokerage and loan administration.
- Generate and monitor broker contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree. Prior experience in multiple business operations or public accounting required. CPA not required, but strongly preferred.
Ability to use computer systems (i.e. Yardi, extensive Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and typical office software including file folder management) to accomplish requirements of the job. Experience with Crystal Reports or other report writer and Access or other database management tool is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid California driver’s license and a clean Department of Motor Vehicle record.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested Candidates email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title in the subject line.